WHAT TO DO IN LAGOS THIS CHRISTMAS

4:06 pm

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, and with it comes a magical feeling that puts everyone in a good mood! Lagos city is absolutely at its best and brightest, and there is no shortage of festive activities to partake in!


Despite the crazy heat wave in Lagos and the Buhari effect,  I trust my Lagos people to still (as usual) enjoy the season. If you need to feel Christmassy just drive by Ajose Adeogun and take in the beautiful annual display by Zenith Bank as pictured above (Photo credit:Nairaland)

Whatever your personal idea of having fun is there is definitely something for you.

Here are my picks of events you could attend this season, remember its still as great time to meet new people, make new friends and network, so go out and have some fun while at it!

Yesterday was the Life is Eazi concert and from what I'm "hearing" on twitter, the event was below par. Well, we'll give him an A for Effort since it was his first. I'm not much a concert girl; I think the only concert I go for every year is GTB End of year party because they always BRING IT! No jokes, this year's was last weekend and it was lit!



Speaking of concerts, NATIVELAND FESTIVAL is today at Muri Okunola park; its featuring Burna boy, Skpeta, Maleek Berry, Ajebutter 22, Ycee amongst others. Tickets Regular 10,000 and VIP: 20,000

Did nobody go for industry night? Can't see people on my timeline making noise about how lit or how dead it was. OLAMIDE IN CONCERT is scheduled for the 26th, so if you love to partayy you could shuffle between #OLIC3 and BOXING DAY WHITE PARTY, they are both the same day. Although if I'm paying 5k-200k for a concert I'm sitting there till Olamide gets home bruhh. BDWP is free to attend but HYPE ULTRA POOL PARTY 1K5 for guys and free for ladies; I think they are both from the stables of Quilox and both on the same day. Eko hotels is also having a SUNSET SWIM POOL PARTY in collaboration with everybody's fave DjObi on the 27th, you'll have to RSVP to attend, I put the email link in here 

I love food festivals, I love food basically so Eat.Drink.Festival comes highly recommended from me. Its taking place at Eko Atlantic, free to attend and all the vendors are carefully selected given that Eat Drink Lagos is a review blog so you can trust their judgement. Its on the 27th while EKO FOOD FEST is on the 26th. It's going to be a close circuit type event, at Bics Garden , Tickets are N2500 for all you can eat! If I go there, they'll probably ask me to pay for another ticket (I have the stomach size of an elephant).

If you haven't got your Christmas dress/ christmas shopping done, you should definitely go for Mente De Moda. They are having Black Friday sales on Saturday the 24th.

Not in mood to me a lot of IJGBs or spend your whole 2016 savings at any of these events? (You were thinking same yeah?)
Here are so really chill things you can do 

-Pack a picnic bag, take a trip to a beach, or somewhere you've never been to in Lagos like Lekki Conservative with a few friends
-Go see a movie; off the top of my head; The Wedding party and 76 seem like they'd be really good.
-Give back. There are a good number of Charities/Charity events that will help you do something nice for someone this season. Check out Lagos Food Bank initiative on instagram.
-Stay at home; cook, eat, watch christmas movies, read a book, meditate, anything that makes you happy and gets you charged up and ready for the new year.

Compliments of the season!

Thanks for reading xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard